“STL.Directory” is a business directory listing businesses across the St. Louis region.
The objective of STL.Directory is to help create a central source of information that promotes businesses in the St. Louis region using our highly optimized business directory website. Our content is critical to small businesses that want to build a significant online presence or create additional “relevant” citations to promote their business online.
Small businesses may not need a website to maximize their local search results when using STL.Directory.
It has become less critical for small businesses that do not offer e-commerce to have their website. It is costly for “professionals” to do it correctly to rank well in search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. Properly managing a high-ranking website requires time, money, and a constant flow of fresh content. Most small business owners do not have or are unwilling to dedicate a significant amount of time to meet requirements.
We have created our directory to efficiently serve as the primary web location of any small to medium-sized business that does not need functionality like an online store. In addition, local search is different than competing online for a national or international presence in Google search results.
We can manage your web presence using STL.Directory to maximize your online presence so you never miss a potential customer. A listing on our directory, integrated with your Google, Bing, and Yahoo listing, will give you everything you need to maximize your online presence at a fraction of the cost compared to building and maintaining a properly managed website. However, it simply is NOT necessary in many cases.
In addition to our directory, our parent company has a comprehensive web directory management service to manage all of your online listings for an affordable monthly subscription fee. The listing will include Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, TripAdvisor, Apple Maps, Alexa, Siri, and GPS systems.
If you need an online store and help marketing it, we can easily use this same strategy to create impressive results. For example, our affiliate, St. Louis Restaurant Review, offers eOrderSTL, which provides online ordering for restaurants.
In what circumstances do small businesses need a website?
- When a business has the expertise or budget to hire a professional to do it correctly, not done correctly, it is typically a waste of money.
- When a business needs a website with functionality, like an online store.
- When a business has information to share that requires content to be produced regularly. For example, tips on doing things, announcements of specials, market data, research, etc.
In what circumstances do small businesses NOT need a website?
- When the budget is not sufficient to do it correctly.
- When a small business does not need functionality like selling items online.
- If the business owner does not need to produce informational content regularly.
- If the business owner needs to promote his business name, location, phone, products, and services online, a website is NOT required. That can easily be accomplished using professional directory management to manage your listings on Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yelp, TripAdvisor, and many more with a central web page like STL.Directory.